It has been months since I last posted here. Indeed, I got lost but thankfully I found my way back. I LOVE writing and I will always be back to the things you LOVE.
Let me share to you a trip I had just this week. I went to Puerto Princesa, Palawan and it was so much fun.
Booked the trip in 2016 because it’s AirAsia seat sale! Just a few weeks before my flight, I was hesitant for so many reasons: first, I booked my return flight way too early so I won’t be able to go to Balabac; second, I have money issues; third, I already have fears that I may not enjoy my stay.
I decided to give it a go and surprisingly, my AirAsia flight schedule at 2:40PM was on time! No delays, yay!
Upon setting foot at PPS airport, I observed one thing – the airport looks like those in the provinces like in Butuan, Roxas and Virac. It wasn’t as huge just like in Iloilo, Cebu or Davao. But what’s good about the airport is its vicinity to hotels and restaurants. In fact, I just walked from the airport to my hotel.
Speaking of hotels, I stayed in Islands Stay Hotel. It’s only a kilometer away the airport. I stayed at a small room that has an AC, TV and a small bathroom. No free breakfast but it is pretty much of a deal for less than P1000/night.
And what I love about the hotel are these:
I arrived Puerto Princesa a little late so I had no chance to avail the city tour package (costs P600 if you book from the hotel). I just walk my way to the Provincial Capitol and the Junction where there are restaurants, banks and all sorts of places where the necessities can be bought.
Come Day 2, I availed the Honda Bay Island Tour (costs P1300). Here’s my itinerary:
- 0700AM – Travel agency picked me up from my hotel/ Pick up other guests from their respective hotels.
- 0845AM – Stopover to rent Snorkeling gears etc.
- 0900AM – Honda Bay Port. Registration.
- 0930AM – Boat Ride to Starfish Island
- 1030AM – Arrived at Starfish Island. Swimming, snorkling, beach bumming. Have a refreshing coconut water.
- 1110AM – Left Starfish Island.
- 1125AM – Arrived at Luli Island. Swimming. Beach bum. Take photos.
- 1200PM – Left Luli Island.
- 1230PM – Arrived at Cowrie Island. Lunch. Swimming. Snorkeling. Beach Bumming. Take photos.
- 0230PM – Left Cowrie Island.
- 0400PM – Back to Hotel.
We only visited three islands but it was all worth it. I want to go back. I felt like it was bitin that I must really get another flight to PPS really soon.
Here are the photos: